SSC CGL Latest Syllabus ::
Tier-1 Syllabus: In the CGL Tier-1, there will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) to be asked from 4 Sections viz. English , Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
Each section has 25 Questions and Each Question carry 2 marks.
The Total Duration of Tier-1 Exam is 75 minutes.
Penalty: There will be deduction of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
Detailed Section wise Syllabus for English Section (Tier-1)
Recently, SSC had replied to an RTI Application, regarding the English syllabus for Tier-1 Examination. The best part in that reply is that, SSC had even given the Topic wise distribution of marks for English syllabus.
During the Recent SSC CGL Pattern change, the English section is reduced to 25 Marks only.
Here is the Reply of the RTI, as given below.
Tier-2 Syllabus: Those who Pass the Tier-1 exam, can appear for Tier-2 Exam. The Tier-2 Exam will have Sections viz English and Quantitative Aptitude.1) Quantitative Aptitude: In the Tier-2 Exam, there will be 100 Questions from the Quant section and each Question carry 2 marks. The Duration of this exam will be 2 hours.
2) English: This section is tier-2 Exam, will have 200 Questions , with each Question carrying 1 Mark. The Duration of this Exam is 2 Hours
Note: In tier-2 Exam, there will penalty of 0.50 marks for Quantitative Aptitude Sections, while there will be penalty for 0.25 marks for English Language and Comprehension.
Descriptive Paper : SSC had introduced a descriptive paper in the CGL 2016 Examination. This paper is only for those, who Qualify the SSC Tier-2 Exam
The Duration of this Paper is 1 hour only and Questions in this paper will be asked from the following sections:
1) Essay Writing
2) Letter Writing
3) Precis Writing etc
Applicants have choice to appear for Tier-1 Exam is Hindi Or English Language.
Tier-3 stage carries a weighatge of 100 marks.
Section-wise Analysis for CGL Tier-1 and Tier-2 Exams.
As of now, we have discussed the Syllabus for Tier-1 and Tier-2 Exam. Now, in this section, lets discuss about the weighatge given to each of the sections in both the exams.
Here is the Detailed Section wise analysis
What, we can form the above figure, is that Quant and English section carries the equal and maximum weightage. and Reasoning along with GA carries the minimum weightage
But remember, one thing that All the four Sections are Equally Important and carry similar wightage for Tier-1 Exam.
So Due Preparation should be given to all sections, but more focus should be on English and Quant Section from the Tier-2 Perspective.
SSC CGLTier-1 General Awareness Syllabus
This is high scoring and Time Saving section in the CGL Tier-1 Exam.
This section has 50 Questions and maximum time limit for this section is 20 mins
This Sections has Questions mainly from the Static GK, Sciences and Crap.
1) Static GK Comprises of Questions from Polity, Indian History& Culture, Geography and Economy.
2) In Science Section, the Questions are asked from Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Section.
3) The Crap Questions, comprises of Questions from Current Affairs, Current GK, Books and Authors, Persons and Place in News, Abbreviations etc.
Here is the topic wise and year wise break up of Questions from the General Awareness Question
SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
SSC CGL English Syllabus
Useful Points :
- If students have doubt, they are recommended to ask questions http://nbcampus.com/qanswer/
- Helping other’s is the best way to help ourselves. Therefore, students are requested to visit http://nbcampus.com/qanswer/ to help other’s by answering their questions. It will help you to boost your confidence in subject.
- We have latest posts at http://nbcampus.com/students-page/ . Students should regularly visit this page and stay updated about happenings.
- Finally, Keep watch on your preparation with free online tests https://nbcampus.com –> Students-Page –> <select test> . We upload a new test very month. Each test at NeerajCampus is result of extensive research by ssc research team. Thus, tests are in sync with ssc exam requirement.
Other useful resources – Students are adviced to visit at least once every week .
http://ssc.nic.in/ — SSC Official website ..